Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Mistake Turned Right

I received this beautiful scan of yarn from my great friend Laurie for a Christmas present last year.  I was extremely excited to use it because it was so beautiful and I knew I wanted to make a hat with it.  If I am to be completely honest about my knitting abilities I would have say that I am pretty good however it's my measurements that always get me in the end.  A fine example of this are my families very own knitted Christmas gifts.  Everything would have been fine if all of their heads were the size of a child's.  Needless to say I knocked out two hats that would have properly fit a five year old.  Frustrated I tossed them in a box and forgot all about them, until yesterday.  As I rummaged through my yarn, I pulled out a hat that was too small for anybody and knew exactly who it would fit.  So I gave the hat some last minute touches, sat back and admired a piece of work that I once hated.  I must say she pulls it off fabulously!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, it's adorable! Nice work on the embellishments!

    I LOVE finding old projects that I once hated find a way to come back to life.

    -your great friend Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete